Our award winning leadership programme was designed to provide a leadership programme of activities for young Somali people and local young people in Camden to develop their leadership skills and to prepare them to become future leaders and ambassadors. The programme is to build innovative and effective practice by providing a creative and engaging environment, combined with culturally sensitive package to meet the needs of young people, in particular young Somali people
What does the Leaders and Ambassadors Project offered?
- Team building, effective communication and assertiveness
- Project management
- Marketing and media
- Problem solving and decision making
- Conflict resolution
- Regular contact and support from a member of staff
- Regular reviews and celebration event
- Mentoring and befriending
What does it offer young people?
- Boost their aspirations, motivation and leadership abilities
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
- Make a real contribution to their community and inspire other young people
- Network with leaders and decision makers in the media, public, voluntary and private sector
- Influence local and national policy effecting young people
- Meet other young leaders
- Get involved in the work of SYDRC board of directors, Camden council, Youth Parliament etc.